Skip to main content

About Me

 who am I?



Lets start from the start. My name is Kshitij Thakre. And if my name is difficult to pronounce (which it is), call me whatever - Bob, John, Michael, Jack...

I am from India. I have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering and I work as a Systems Engineer at Infosys Ltd.

whats interesting about me?

Nothing really. I have big plans but I have to yet to figure out how exactly to achieve them. I like to procrastinate (a lot). And instead of studying, I just think about studying, then zone out, and never zone in again for a long time.

I have a great interest in Ethical Hacking and Pentesting. But there are so so many resources out there that I confused where to actually start. But for now, I have started learning towards Bug Bounty Hunting from Youtube videos and reading 'Web App Hackers Handbook' book.

why should people read this?

Why shouldn't people read this? I am trying to document my journey by following one step at a time. There might be tons of people out there who have a great potential but lack a guide. I am one of them. By having my own path of achieving my goal, I might help at least one person who can follow it and make it his/her own.

how am I helping by doing this?

I am like a bad decision maker. I have made a lot of mistakes and took a lot of wrong turns, but that is how you get to know where you went wrong! Right? I am speaking in a very confusing way right now, I know. I am writing this while having a really bad headache, but I had to get this out.

So, my plan is this:

  • to document my journey, and let people know that you can start from anywhere, in any age, in any field of study
  • to get my story out there, even if I get 0 views, I am going to keep writing.
  • to do a braindump everytime I feel like it.
  • to write on any subject that I have my own thoughts on, even if its not of my field of study.

what's next?

Right now, I am employed so I am working full time. But I am also studying whenever I get some time. As I am studying, I will try to write what I am doing, what concepts I am learning, and some short posts about various topics (which I will write about as I go).

Until next time, keep learning!!

Comments